This is a blog I created so that I can express my true feelings about things and share them with who I want. Feel free to read whatever you like and comment on what you want. But if you don't like what you read, then please feel free to NOT read it. I use this to express my own opinions and thoughts, and if you don't like it then there is a big red X at the top of the window, feel free to press it and be on your way!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Cyberbullying

So I just watched this movie on ABC Family called Cyberbully about this girl who gets bullied so much online that she attempts to commit suicide.  It reminded me so much of how high school was, and how real life sometimes still is.  It saddens me to think that people have to put down others just to make themselves feel good about themselves.  I can remember several incidents in high school where I felt put down and was called names, not always to my face, but still there were moments.  I look back now and I am glad I really did not let them get to me.  There was once at Halloween my sophomore year, I was a zombie so I had ratty jeans, ratty shirt, and had blood all over me.  I passed a group of juniors or seniors and they called me a "freshman whore".  I walked on by because for one I wasn't a freshman, and two I really didn't think they were talking about it, which technically they weren't cause I wasn't a freshman, but I was the only one out there.  I'm glad social networking sites have safety nets in place to protect others from bullying and hate messages.  I've been guilty of saying a few things, but it's been a while and I'm so much more mature than I was back when I said those things.  It can be so easy to say something to someone, and not realize the implications of their words.  If only it were easy to make people not say stuff behind other's backs or anything like that.  Two things that also stand out in my mind, a "friend" I had a few classes with my senior year decided to talk trash about me behind my back to my best friend, and did the same to her to me behind her back.  We showed each other the messages, but I don't think the girl ever found out.  I've never been popular by any means, but it's awful when you're the butt of people's jokes or comments.  I also experienced that when someone asked if I had slept with this guy that did some really bad things to me a long time ago.  She made fun of me to my face and I just turned around and walked away, hurt because it reminded me of what I went through, and upset because people were thinking and talking about it.


NO MORE CYBERBULLYING OR BULLYING IN GENERAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment