This is a blog I created so that I can express my true feelings about things and share them with who I want. Feel free to read whatever you like and comment on what you want. But if you don't like what you read, then please feel free to NOT read it. I use this to express my own opinions and thoughts, and if you don't like it then there is a big red X at the top of the window, feel free to press it and be on your way!

Friday, June 1, 2012

Nerves are getting to me!

Well, I just scheduled my NCLEX-RN exam.  June 21, 2012 @ 2:00PM.  I'm a nervous wreck right now.  2 years of hard work and dedication all boil down to that day, that time, that exam.  There is just so  much riding on it and that makes me worry that I'll screw up and those 2 years will have been all for nothing.  But I made myself a motivational/advice board to help me with the anxiety.


Other things that have been happening, Teresa had her baby girl, Alexis Danielle Franklin (AKA Ally) on May 17th, at 6:47PM.  She weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and was 19 inches long.  I am officially her and Kaylee's aunt Devon :)

Speaking of being an aunt...  I am going to be an auntie x4 here in October!  One of my dear friends is having a baby boy!  Andrew is going to be his name, I will tell who the mommy is when she tells people, cause it is not my business to tell before she does.  I got to feel him kick for the first time today and it was just so amazing :)  I found out the day before they did the 16 week ultrasound.  He is definitely going to be loved and spoiled by his Aunt Devon :)
(This was his 16 week appointment, when they found out the sex)


Speaking of babies... Seems like everyone is having one, which has me depressed.  Not cause I want one at this minute (cause I don't), but for the fact that I may not be able to have kids.  It scares me because the odds are against me.  My mom had endometriosis, which means I could quite possibly have developed it or will develop it in the future, which causes infertility.  And the fact that I have an autoimmune disease.  It puts the woman and the baby at much higher risk for complications, miscarriages, and health problems.  The current medications I'm on would have to be stopped, which would cause flare ups, which would harm the baby.  It just breaks my heart because I want more than anything to be a mommy.

Guess I'll just have to wait and find out when I start trying to get pregnant.  For now I need to focus on my career as a nurse, then find a hubby.


No comments:

Post a Comment