This is a blog I created so that I can express my true feelings about things and share them with who I want. Feel free to read whatever you like and comment on what you want. But if you don't like what you read, then please feel free to NOT read it. I use this to express my own opinions and thoughts, and if you don't like it then there is a big red X at the top of the window, feel free to press it and be on your way!

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Nursing World Update

It's been a while since I have actually taken the time and write a blog!  I quit my job at Tsali Care Center, too much drama and bullying and false accusations.  I don't want to work somewhere where I dread going to work every day, am miserable, and go home crying.  I am now employed with Bayada Pediatric Home Health Care out of Asheville and I am really looking forward to starting this job.  I get to travel and I get to take care of kids, the one I will primarily be assigned to is 12 months old (how sad).

Personal life is still the same, not been in a relationship or anything near that term in 2 years come February.  I really don't miss some aspects of relationships, but then again I was never in a really good one so I can't judge that solely on that.  I upped my standards and the guys that live around here just aren't up to those standards.  I got asked today by my dad why I haven't been in a relationship and he said it was cause guys probably wouldn't want to be with me (or something to that affect).  It really hurt :(  

As for home life, yes I'm still living at home.  Things with mom and dad here are slowly going south, we are fighting all the time.  They were supportive when I quit my job and were very helpful when I was having to deal with everything, but the tension increases.  I was told when I was younger as long as I'm in school and/or working that I wouldn't have to do anything at the house, well I pay part of the power bill. I keep cleaned up after myself, yet I still get treated like I'm a child.  They say I am not mature but they don't understand how badly I need to be on my own.  I am being smothered and need to find my independence.  Of course if I could right now I would, but I just started a new job which technically I haven't done anything with patients so I haven't started making money yet.  Soon as I safe up enough money and have job security then I'm looking for a place.

My moving plans right now are to move to Hendersonville/Asheville and get a job over there since they have much better hospitals that I am actually willing to work at.  I just don't see myself ever working for MedWest.  I still have long term plans to move to the beach.  I wold have loved to have gotten a hospital job, but this will get me very valuable tach/vent experience which will increase my chances of getting a job at Mission, my ultimate employer goal.  

Speaking of long term plans I have decided that if I am not settled down or have a child by the age of 27 then I am going to get pregnant.  I am just afraid if I wait too long then I won't be able to have kids at all.  When I start going to an OB/GYN I'll have to go to a high risk one because of all my autoimmune problems.

I am in school at the moment going for my Bachelor's degree, which so far has been a breeze, well for me because it's a lot of writing papers which isn't bad.  I've not decided what to do post-Bachelorette, but I do plan on taking at least a year off then going back for my midwife or NP.  Dad keeps pushing nurse anesthetist but I really don't want to.  I want to work with people I can build relationships with.

I have overcome depression (which was caused by my very low/nonexistent work satisfaction).  I am transitioning myself off them.  I do have a thyroid condition now, hypothyroidism.  Just another pill to add to the routine.  It was actually causing some of my depression.  I am happy now, way more happy than I ever could be in LTC which is NOT my forte.

Loneliness is the only thing that bothers me right now, but then again I'm not the object of very many people's desires and I find myself to be rather ugly and uninteresting although a few male friends say different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment