This is a blog I created so that I can express my true feelings about things and share them with who I want. Feel free to read whatever you like and comment on what you want. But if you don't like what you read, then please feel free to NOT read it. I use this to express my own opinions and thoughts, and if you don't like it then there is a big red X at the top of the window, feel free to press it and be on your way!

Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year, New Me Bullshit

Well here it is the end of 2013, another year come and gone.  Didn't really have any resolutions for myself this year so I don't have to be disappointed.  But I have thought of my resolutions for next year and am going ahead to start them now.

#1.  Be happy, I spent most of 2013 being miserable, crying all the time, and downright depressed.  It was so bad that I ended up going to therapy and the therapist within 5 minutes told me I need to be on an antidepressant, so January I was put on them.  I realized halfway through the year that my job was the main reason I was so unhappy, and began job searching.  Lots of other things happened that is in the past now and I ended up quitting my job and getting a new one that I will like because it's working with kids.  I want to be happy and stay happy.

#2.  Be positive.  Since dating Derek, and him pointing it out just over a week since we've been talking I have noticed how negative I am and how much I put myself down.  You only get one life to live, so live it up.  Don't like something, then change it, which is exactly what I plan to do.

#3.  Quit putting myself down, anytime I say something negative about myself I must put $1 in a box and at the end of every month I will have to do something with it to benefit someone else.  Also must think of a positive thing to counteract the negative thing I just said.

#4.  More of a goal than a resolution but I want to be able to climb a hill or run without being super out of breath.  I would really love to get rid of the inhaler I am supposed to carry around for exercise induced asthma.  In order to do this I've thought about it and I think I'm going to go back and join the gym again.  It's close to my house, I have friends I can go with and it's not too bad expensive (once I start working again).  Also will help improve my health and be great for my joints and muscles which are in desperate need of working on.  And it'll make my rheumatologist very happy!

I think these things are very reasonable and very attainable and start immediately, not at midnight tomorrow.  This is a good point in my life to make a change before my habits become permanent.  

No comments:

Post a Comment