This is a blog I created so that I can express my true feelings about things and share them with who I want. Feel free to read whatever you like and comment on what you want. But if you don't like what you read, then please feel free to NOT read it. I use this to express my own opinions and thoughts, and if you don't like it then there is a big red X at the top of the window, feel free to press it and be on your way!

Friday, February 21, 2014

I really don't know what to name these posts

I feel like I’m due for a really long blog entry.  I’m sitting here at work, with no internet of course :(  It’s 5:30am and no where near time to start the mundane tasks that have to be done, but can’t be until my little boy is awake.    But yesterday Derek and I went for a drive because the other day I told him I wanted to go somewhere and do something.  This was a great idea, we drove all the way up Little Canada, through Lake Toxaway, then came back through Cashiers.  It was a nice quiet drive that I’ve never made before.  He’s had a lot on his mind this past week.  His grandma passed away Sunday; he hid a lot of how he felt, even from me.  I think today helped him clear his mind. 

But any who, Valentine’s Day was a week ago, and it was the first time a guy has actually done anything romantic for me.  I got all dressed up, he brought me a dozen roses, I was shocked and very, very happy.  We had originally planned to go to his house and have a night in, but because of all the snow we had that week he decided he wanted to go to Asheville because he was tired of being cooped up in the house.  Well that was a big mistake to do last minute.  We tried Red Lobster, couldn’t find a parking spot.  Then we tried P.F. Chang’s, even bigger mistake because it was a 2 hour wait.  Finally we decided on Asiana, which wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t the best in the world.  After we finished eating we left and went back to his place.  During all this time I got kind of upset because I got all dressed up, which is something I NEVER do, and he didn’t even say anything.  We got back to his house and watched Sixteen Candles, I was pretty upset by this point then we finally talked and I told him what was bothering me.  He made me feel better then we watched Weird Science since I had never seen it before, it definitely was weird.  It was pretty late by this point and I had to get up and go to work the next day so he took me home.  While sitting in my driveway he finally told me everything I wanted to hear, that I was pretty and that it was a pretty dress and that I didn’t have to get all dressed up for him.  That is one thing that bothers me about him is that he always waits til the last minute when I have to leave to say meaningful things or to kiss me passionately (I don’t know how else to describe it).  It always makes me want more, and I don’t like leaving unsatisfied and wanting more.

As far as our relationship, I think it’s going pretty well.  We are still getting to know each other, what buttons to push and not to push.  What ticks each other off, which between the both of us is a lot.  Yesterday actually made 2 months since our first date.  We definitely are taking this pretty slow, but I think it is much better than rushing into things and complicating things by getting physical.  I mean we have done everything but anything sexual pretty much.  The most we’ve done is make out and touch each other a little.  Which I’m not really too unhappy about, it actually says to me that he likes me for me, not just my body or what I’m willing to do with it.  I am super comfortable around him, except telling him things, but I’m like that with everyone, I like to keep most things to myself and the best way to get me to talk about those certain kinds of things is through writing, not talking.  I don’t think he understands that yet.  I am good with words, but a lot of times I’m uncomfortable saying them.  I think this is also the first time I’ve not fell for a guy right away, which definitely tells me that what I had in the past was not love.  I really do like Derek, but I just don’t think I’m there yet, getting there, but not there yet.  I still get butterflies when I’m with him though, haven’t felt those suckers in forever. :)

School I guess is going okay, I’m not too fond of my teacher and she’s not giving me the best grades.  I think it’s total BS because I’m doing the same thing I was doing last semester when I made all A’s and she’s giving me shitty grades for the same quality of work.  So far I’ve made a 80 on a paper, which I was not happy with at all, and a 91 on a discussion board.  Told me that I needed to “develop my original post more”, I wrote a freaking page on the topic she assigned which was boring as hell, I don’t know how it could get any more developed.  She also takes for freaking ever to get things graded, which is a big pet peeve, I don’t want to wait 2+ weeks to find out I did a shitty job on an assignment.  That way I can learn what I did wrong and fix it in time to turn in the next paper.  I’m so ready for this semester to be over with.  This summer I’m not looking forward to though because I’m taking Leadership and it’s going to be condensed and intense with clinical added on top of that.  I’m going to talk to my advisor on Tuesday about whether or not I should take it in the fall or summer, and when I should take my other elective course.


2 weeks and 1 day until I leave for Scotland!  I am so excited it’s not even funny, although I am dreading it a little because that means I won’t get to see Derek or any of my friends for a week, which also means I probably won’t get to talk to them either.  I’m taking my laptop but it’s not a guarantee that I’ll get to use it or have internet while I’m over there.  I haven’t totally decided what I’m going to do while I’m there.  I know that Friday I am going to meet up with Elaine, which I think I’m going to catch a bus up to Glasgow and hang out with her there.  I’m taking $1000 with me already turned into £s and it only came to £600.  What I have left from my paychecks I’m going to load on my CPG card and take with me just in case.  Before I leave I’m going to attempt to get my taxes done, just have to call my dad’s friend, and hopefully I’ll have that back soon.  I already have plans for the money.  $500 is going into my emergency account to replace the funds that I took out a few months ago, then I’m buying myself a Wii U and a few games, I’m contemplating buying a new TV but haven’t totally decided yet, and the rest of the money is going towards my car to get it paid off so I can start saving up for a Jeep.  I’ve pretty much given up on trying to get my own place, I have other things that are more important to worry about first.  Plus by the time I save up I might already be asked to move in with someone else, I don’t think I could handle living by myself.  I’m also considering getting a second job once I am through with my clinical classes, so maybe in August.  I’m just not getting the hours I need with Bayada, and they’re not willing to let me have more of other people’s shifts.  I’m also not too thrilled with my Arden client.  I need to get off my dad’s insurance but can’t because I’m not getting the hours I need.  Hopefully Angel or Mission will have a full time job opening come August that I am interested in and will get hired for.  I do want to stay with my little boy though, I want to stay with him until the end or until I can’t handle it anymore.  He stole my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment