Today was my first official day as a 2nd year nursing student :) It went quite well I might add. We met the transitioning LPN-to-RN students, got to know our teacher a little bit, then started lecture about Ethical Dilemmas. Before I start on my rant, it'll probably be a while, we also got to meet the 1st year nursing students and were assigned a mentee so that they would have someone to call and talk to about the struggles of nursing school. We ate some nasty spaghetti, chatted, then went back down to the auditorium for the rest of our lecture.
Well my rant is about pregnancies, we talked briefly about teenage pregnancies, but that wasn't what I'm going to rant about, well totally want I'm going to rant about... Most pregnancies are "unplanned" so to speak, but geez, if you have sex without any type of protection or barriers then what the fuck did you think was going to happen? You may as well call it a planned pregnancy due to your dumbassedness. Now there are a few exceptions and I can understand that but "I'm allergic to latex" is NOT an excuse to go without protection. There are ALTERNATIVE, NON-LATEX methods, and if you're stupid enough not to take advantage of them then you may as well say it was planned. Someone I know, I'm not pointing fingers or naming names, just found out she was pregnant, she said it was unplanned, but she had the excuse above. Now for those girls who have kids and couldn't give two shits less about them should be court ordered to NOT be able to have kids and have measures taken so that they won't... That's my own opinion on the matter, why bring another child into this world when you can't even fucking take care of the one you got now??? I have other opinions, but they're too racy and too controversial to be said, I only uttered them once, and I probably won't ever again.
Still, I don't understand what is so fucking hard about going to the damn store and picking up a box of condoms?? THERE ARE NON-LATEX VERSIONS! And I can understand some people not being able to afford them, but they are free for the taking at Health Departments! And the whole "it doesn't feel the same" is a load of bullshit. What's the use in feeling 15 seconds or 15 minutes of pleasure when the consequence is 9 months of misery [heartburn, cramps, shortness of breath, bruised rips, peeing every 15 minutes, constant thirst and hunger, and all the other symptoms of pregnancy], 24 hours [give or take, more than likely longer] of the worst pain you've ever felt in your life, then 18 years of struggling and being broke to provide for your kid. Now those of you who actually planned ahead and had a planned pregnancy and were mature and rational enough to actually make those decisions then none of this applies to you. Neither to those who may have made a mistake and owned up to it and grew up to be an adult and raised their child right. But letting your hormones get the best of you is NOT a valid excuse. This country is way to lenient on it's youth, and population in general. Imagine living in China, you can only have two kids when you're married and most of the baby girls are killed because boys are supposedly "better" than girls. Actually I just looked it up it's actually one child per couple unless the couple both don't have any siblings, then they are allowed, with special permission to have two children. And the gender thing with boys over girls was true, but is rarely seen now.
What else can I say on this matter?
For the girls: Make your fucking partner wear a fucking condom, start practicing some [RELIABLE] form of birth control [NO THE PULL OUT METHOD DOES NOT WORK!!!], OR just DON'T have sex. Your parents have enough to deal with, without adding another child to raise to their burdens.
For the boys: KEEP THAT SNAKE IN YOUR PANTS OR WRAP IT UP!!!! And don't ever trust a girl that says she's on birth control, because she's probably lying, even if she's not you lessen your chances of being another statistic.
No comments:
Post a Comment