This is a blog I created so that I can express my true feelings about things and share them with who I want. Feel free to read whatever you like and comment on what you want. But if you don't like what you read, then please feel free to NOT read it. I use this to express my own opinions and thoughts, and if you don't like it then there is a big red X at the top of the window, feel free to press it and be on your way!
Sunday, August 28, 2011
This is getting old and DEPRESSING!
Well it's been 2 years since I was finally diagnosed with something, or close enough anyways. I take medicine twice daily and on occasion I take pain medications. Most people my age don't take medicine for ANYTHING. So I get really depressed when I hear my friends say "Oh boy that just made me so sleepy, I'm not use to taking pills", when they just took a tiny ibuprofen. I sit there and think to myself... One little ibuprofen doesn't even touch my pain half the time, I have to take prescription pain medications, and even then they don't work half the time. People get annoyed with me cause of some of the things I do/can't do. Like with bottles that haven't been opened, I struggle with trying to open them. If no one's around me then I just give up on it cause it's sometimes impossible for me to twist the cap off. And with walking up and down stairs, it hurts and it causes me to be really out of breath. People with MCTD tend to have lung problems I found out, back in February I developed pneumonia which lasted about that whole month, ever since then my lungs haven't been the same. It's almost as if I've developed asthma. Inhalers help, but I don't have a prescription for them, so I just use my mom's which she's only prescribed when she's sick. Even my parents as supportive as they have been can't understand what I'm going through and have gone through for almost 5 years I think. They get frustrated at me and tell me that I'm lazy, but I'm really not and it hurts that people think that I am. I can't help that I get tired easily and sleep 10+ hours if given the chance. I can't help that I can't get bottles opened without help of some sort. I can't help that it hurts and makes me out of breath to take the stairs. I can't help that I developed this fucking autoimmune disease during the prime of my life. It robbed me of a normal teenage-hood. I can't do the things I loved to do a long time ago, like run around, swim, race my friends, and such. I wish people would just step back and think about what they're fixing to do and how it might impact me. I do the best with what I've got, but sometimes to some people it's just not good enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment